$125 / hour
What’s included with private instruction
Sometimes a workshop or classroom setting doesn’t work for your schedule or busy life. Sometimes you might just want an hour or two of instruction. I am happy to work one-on-one with you to help you get going in the right direction. With each session, we will work together ahead of your appointment to develop a very focused plan to help you get the most out of your time. I am happy to meet face-to-face if you are in the Seattle area or we can work via web conferencing.
In these coaching sessions, we can focus on your artistic, technical and creative goals to maximize your photographic development. Topic in the past have included:
- Learn to see and create more meaningful work
- Learn how to talk about your work in a more meaningful way
- camera operations
- lighting basics
- Photoshop and Lightroom
- plugins for Photoshop & Lightroom such as NIK software, onOne
- Creative sessions for expanding ideas
- workflow techniques and concepts
- post-processing and editing concepts and techniques
- selecting, editing and sequencing your work
- critique and analysis of photographs
- alternative process
- history of photography
- client relations
- a boost of conﬁdence
While 1-to-1 coaching is great from some people, there are others who are looking for a longer-term program where they can focus on a deeper dive into their own process. For those people, there are options for 3, 6, or 12 month programs where the focus is about digging deeper into various aspects of your work. You can learn more about mentorship programs here.
Keep in touch
Sign up to get the latest information, educational content, class and workshops, techniques, speaking engagements and print sales from the studio right to your inbox. As a thank you, you will get a copy of my 2022 Digital Print Guide.