In the podcast this week, we take a look at ten thought-provoking questions that delve into the motivations, emotions, and personal approaches of photographers. It emphasizes the importance of paying attention and taking progressive steps forward in the creative journey. My goal this week is to help prompt you to reflect on the most amazing images and things you have witnessed through the lens and whether you continue to actively seek out more of the same experiences.
- Would you photograph if you never got to share your images?
- Would you photograph if you never got to keep your images?
- What is the single word you would use to describe your photography?
- What is the best photo you never made?
- How do negative emotions impact your work?
- What excites you about your work?
- Think about your favorite camera. What about that camera made it your favorite, and how can you incorporate that feeling into your work today?
- What is one negative thing that you keep doing in your work and what would happen if you moved past it?
- how many photos do you need in a retrospective of your work to feel accomplished?
- What is the most amazing thing you have seen through the lens?
Subscribing to the podcast ensures not missing any new episodes released every Monday.
Gear used in the podcast
One of the questions I get asked frequently is what sort of equipment do I use to record my podcast. I have used a variety of equipment in the years that I have been recording, but here is the current list of equipment that I am using. Also as an FYI and full disclosure, the links are affiliate links to Amazon.
Rode Procaster XLR microphone
Rode Boom Arm
Rode PSM Shockmount
All three Rode components a kit
Focusrite Scarlet 2i2
Adobe Audition (part of creative cloud subscription)
OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock