- Color that expresses and contributes to the meaning and intention of the photographs
- The colors of the image must be plausible and believable in the context of the light source. In some cases, you have to include the light source to explain the colors that are outside the scope of “believable.”
- A print that has proper density values when printed. (not too dark or light)
- A print that has the unwanted color cast removed showing the full values, hues, tones, and luminosity of an image.
- White and neutral values should appear neutral and natural. This appearance does not mean that they have no color cast and are “numerically pure” because even neutrals can have a hint of tint and tone.
As 2022 starts to draw to a close, it is a time to look back and reflect on the prior year. As photographers that means we should look back at the impact of our photography. In this week’s podcast, I toss out three areas to think about cleaning up before the start of the new year so that you can put your best foot forward for 2023.