The fine-art digital print
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the fine art digital printing workshop is being rescheduled for 2021.
There is no way to learn printing without making lots of prints. This workshop is a very hands-on and focused on making prints and learning how read and respond to the printed image. Over the course of the workshop we will cover the following topics:
- How to pick and evlauate how papers and substrates impact the image.
- Introduction to basic Color Management
- RAW editing workflows for Camera RAW and Lightroom
- Basics of noise reduction and sharpening
- Basic black and white workflows and techniques
- Review some 3rd-party apps and plug-ins to ease workflow and editing
- Color editing for impact and feeling
- Black and white printer settings
- Soft proofing
- Judging the print
- Storing prints
- Discussions of editions and presentation considerations
In addition to running a studio and working as a full-time photographer and photo educator, I am also a core faculty member of the Photographic Center Northwest in Seattle.
You can also find me hosting my weekly podcast called The Perceptive Photographer which focuses on the challenges and day-to-day aspects of living as a photographer. I am also certified in both Adobe® Lightroom and Photoshop.