Seeing in black and white
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the seeing in black and white workshop is being converted to an online format. Check back for more details.
August 27-30, 2020
9:30 – 4:30 pm
Enrollment limited to six
In this four day workshop, we are completely focused on working with digital black and white images. From picking up the camera through the print, we will cover the essential concepts, methods and viewing of black and white images.
- Reviewing black and white images of the masters
- Disussions about nature and experince of working in black and white
- Visual literacy discussions and creative exercises to help you better understand your approach to black and white work
- Camera settings and considerations
- Several location shoots and portriat shoots with studio lighting
- Basic and advanced editing techniques for converting to black and white in several programs (Lightroom, Photoshop, Nik, Topaz, etc)
- Printing in black and white
- Presentation and preservation of the black and white print
In addition to running a studio and working as a full-time photographer and photo educator, I am also a core faculty member of the Photographic Center Northwest in Seattle.
You can also find me hosting my weekly podcast called The Perceptive Photographer which focuses on the challenges and day-to-day aspects of living as a photographer. I am also certified in both Adobe® Lightroom and Photoshop.